Pique your child's interest in learning new things at an early age with toddler educational games and toys.
Benefits of Educational Games
When children are young, they are constantly learning new things. Think of them as little sponges that absorb knowledge with each activity they do. Learning through play, is one of the best ways for toddlers to learn. Using educational toys for their play is said to have the following benefits:
- Improves spatial development
- Helps to develop cognitive skills
- Improves large motor skills
- Helps to develop fine motor skills
- Increases creativity
- Aids in developing problem solving skills
Toddler Educational Toys by Age Group
Buying an age appropriate toy is just as important as the type of toy you buy. Here is a short list of educational toys and games for toddlers, broken down by age.
Ages One to 18 Months
- Leap Frog Fridge Farm Magnetic Animal set - Your child will learn all about farm animals as well as develop fine motor skills with this fun and educational game from Leap Frog.
- Large Wooden Puzzles - These simple puzzles help your toddler to develop both large and fine motor skills as well as help to develop cognitive and problem solving skills.
- Bright Tots Educational Toys - Bright Tots offers educational toys for a variety of age groups.
- Creativity Institute - This toy company offers all sorts of educational toys from puppets to pianos.
Ages 18-24 Months
Ages Two to Three
Ages Three and Up
Your Child Needs You Too
Toddler educational games are fantastic way to augment your children's cognitive, motor skill and problem solving development, but toys alone will do not completely educate your child. Children love playing and love playing with their parents most of all. So, buy educational and then sit down and spend time playing your children. Taking the time to play with your children can sometimes be difficult with the chaos that is today's modern society. After you get home from work, pay the bills, take a shower, do the laundry and balance your checkbook after your child goes to bed. Both you and your child will get immense satisfaction by spending time together that no toy can ever give either one of you.