Brain teasers are an easy way to improve kids' memory, comprehension, and other cognitive skills. They are also fun to do, either alone or as a team. Some kids enjoy competing to see who can come up with the correct answers first.
Printable Brain Teasers
Simple questions are not so simple to answer sometimes. Each teaser below presents a question that requires critical thinking. The answers are not as easy as they may seem. If you get stumped on any of them, the solutions are included at the bottom of the pdf. To print the brain teasers below:
- Click on the image to open the PDF file.
- Press the control key and the P key simultaneously, or select the print icon on the pdf.
- Select your print options and press enter.
If you need help downloading the printables, check out these helpful tips.
Want More Printable Brain Teasers?
These sites are brimming with just the thing to wake up your brain:
- The Teacher's Corner - You don't have to be an educator to love this site, which allows you to generate your own brain teasers. Choose the puzzles and riddles that you want to use, then build your worksheet, preview, and print. It's that easy!
- Squigly's Brain Teasers - Here you'll find a variety of categories, including Clever Brain Teasers, Detective, Number Teasers, Poem Riddles, What Am I? and Rebus that kids will enjoy for hours at a time.
Critical Thinking Fun
Fun for a rainy day, or to challenge your friends, brain teasers are old-fashioned, good, clean fun. Try your hand at some of these or all of them and get smarter!