Valentine's Day quotes and sayings for kids can be used in a variety of ways to help kids celebrate this popular holiday. Writing cards for classmates or giving cards to family members and friends is a great way for kids to get into the Valentine's Day spirit. Parents and teachers can get in on the fun too by making cute Valentine's messages for kids.
Cute Valentine's Quotes for Classmates
It's a sweet tradition for kids to give their classmates little Valentine's Day notes. Pair these Valentine's Day cards with some candy for an extra special treat. Some fun Valentine quote options for classmates are:
- Happy Valentine's Day to my best friend in the whole world.
- Hope you like the treats! Favorite person, favorite sweets!
- Have the best Valentine's Day! Glad I get to celebrate with my best friend today!
- You make me smile all the time! Have an amazing Valentine's!
- Knock, Knock! It's Valentine's o'clock! You're my favorite person and you rock!
- I'm so happy I get to celebrate Valentine's Day at school! Enjoy these treats, you're really cool!
- Have the best Valentine's Day! You're the best in every way!
- I hope you have the best day today! Enjoy the goodies! Happy Valentine's Day!
- Happy Valentine's! A friend like you is hard to find!
Valentine's Day Messages for Family Members
Kids may want to give members of their family cards, notes or presents that tell them how much they love them. They could even convey these thoughts over a phone or video chat. Some Valentine's Day message options include:
- You're the sweetest Aunt and I hope you have a great Valentine's Day!
- Happy Valentine's to my favorite cousin! Enjoy the cookies- I've made a dozen!
- Thanks for being the best! Happy Valentine's Day to my favorite grandparents!
- Happy Valentine's Day to my mom and dad! You're the best parents, you're really rad!
- Happy Valentine's Day- enjoy some candy! I hope your day is fine and dandy!
- On this day, have a chocolate bar or two, or three. I'm so happy you're my mommy!
- To show you I love you with all my heart, enjoy these scrumptious sweet tarts!
Son and Daughter Valentine's Messages From Parents
Add a Valentine's Day message to your kid's lunch or pin a cute quote on to their backpack. Designed for your son or daughter, add a few quotes like:
- Your smile lights up my Valentine's Day in every single way.
- Happy Valentine's Day to my sunshine. Light up the world.
- You are my heart, we will never part. Happy Valentine's Day.
- True love made sense, the moment we became your parents. Happy Valentine's Day.
- You know what I love on Valentine's Day? You... love Dad.
- No one lights up my world like you. Always be my sweet boo. Love Mom and Dad.
- Thank you for filling my life with so much love. Happy Valentine's Day.
Clever Valentine's Sayings From Teachers
Light up your kiddo's day with some fun sayings on their Valentine's Day treats or notes. Try these sayings on for size.
- You're the spark that lights up my day. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day.
- Have an amazing Valentine's. Never stop being a little firecracker.
- Never lose your laughter and may your dreams come true. Happy Valentine's Day.
- Thank you for bringing so many smiles to my day. Happy Valentine's Day.
- You're an out-of-this-world kind of awesome!
- You add the A to amazing Valentine's.
- Extraordinary has nothing on you. May your Valentine's Day be extra special too.
Using Valentine's Day Quotes for Kids
Valentine's Day quotes can be used to personalize cards and gifts from kids to their family and friends. Quotes or Valentine's Day sayings for kids can be original or borrowed. Explore some different ways kids can use these quotes.
One of the most popular ways to incorporate quotes with a Valentine theme is on Valentine's cards. Help kids make up their own silly quotes by having them write down what Valentine's Day means to them and then having them transfer their written quotes onto cards. Print cards using a word processing program on the computer, or supply construction paper or card stock, along with markers, glue, and any other embellishments you have on hand. Once they have cut and designed their cards, they can write their own personalized quotes inside.
- Photo album - Give the gift of pictures to a favorite relative. Let kids print out some of their favorite photos and create a photo album out of card stock. Punch holes in one end and tie a ribbon to hold the pages together. Have kids write an original quote underneath each picture or print out a caption on the computer to add to each photo page.
- Personalized flowerpot- Purchase small terra-cotta pots and let kids decorate the pots with markers and paints. Have kids write their original quotes around the rim of the pot and spray an acrylic sealant on after they have finished writing on and decorating the pot completely.
- Banners - Let kids write out their favorite quotes on large pieces of butcher block paper cut to banner size or print out a banner on the computer complete with quotes in large letters. Children can decorate the banners with drawings as well.
Humor vs. Romance
Quotes are often centered around a theme, and kids' Valentine's Day quotes and sayings are no exception. Very young children typically use easy quotes that express their simple thoughts of love and devotion, mainly to their parents, although they may also write sayings to their siblings, grandparents, and other family members. As children grow and mature, however, their focus turns to their peers, and so the quotes they choose may be more friendship-centered as well. Boys and girls who now have crushes on significant others may choose the humorous route as a means of expressing their affection. These quotes may be self-penned or copied from an inspiring website. Either way, Valentine quotes for kids will help children relate their thoughts and feelings about this special day.
Finding the Perfect Quote or Valentine Saying for Kids
Encourage kids to look at many quotes before creating their own to use in a variety of ways to celebrate this popular holiday. Using Valentine quotes, kids can develop their creative skills, as well as their verbal, written, and spelling skills. Of course, Valentine's Day quotes are also simply lots of fun!