While e-Books are all the rage, kids love to read traditional books that they can check out from their school library. There's something special about holding a printed book and turning a page. Having bookmarks that kids can print for their books or that you can give out is not only fun but encourages reading.
Free Printable Bookmarks
Looking for fun and downloadable bookmarks that kids can enjoy, try printing these out. Not only are they cute and cuddly, but they are in fun colors that kids will love. Make the bookmarks last longer by laminating them or printing on card stock. You can also hole-punch the top and add a ribbon. If you need help downloading and printing the bookmarks, check out this helpful article.
Are you looking for a cute bookmark that your kid will love placing in their books? A purring cat, a whimsical owl, cupcakes, and a growing apple tree are fun designs that kids will really enjoy. It might also push them to read more books.
Encouragement and Gifting Bookmarks
Use these bookmarks to reward and encourage kids to read, or to remind them that reading is a gift. Each bookmark includes an inspirational saying and a fun picture.
Customize Your Bookmarks
Take your printable bookmarks to a whole new level by helping kids to customize them. If you want to jazz up your bookmark a bit more before laminating it, you might try a few ideas like:
- Add a few stickers to the bookmark such as adding their names. You might even add stickers of their favorite superhero or book character.
- Allow the kids to draw a picture on the back of the bookmark to make it more customized.
- Add jewel stickers for more shine.
- Apply glitter or use glitter pens to the outline characters or the words on the bookmarks.
After you laminate your bookmark, you can still add some cute customizations. You might try punching a hole in your bookmark and adding a little bling. In addition to adding string or a little pom pom, you might try:
- Using felt, construction paper, etc. to cut out shapes and attaching them to the bookmark with string. This makes a little bookmark charm.
- Using string, you might add a little beading to your bookmark to make it stand out. You can alternate bead colors to make a fun pattern.
- Use different color yarn or string and braid it together to make a dangling tassel.
- Use felt or paper to cut your name out and use yarn to add it to the end of your bookmark.
With just some paper, glue and yarn, you can create all kinds of customizations to the printable bookmarks. Not matter what, make sure you have fun with it.
If you're a parent, grandparent, or teacher, you inspire kids to read when you give them a bookmark. Bookmarks are a tool that helps foster a lifelong love of reading. Tuck one into your child's backpack, Christmas stocking, or their favorite book.