Watches aren't just a cool accessory, they are educational too. Allow your kid to spruce up their wardrobe with an exciting watch that features a favorite movie, book, or television character. From superheroes to Nickelodeon-inspired creations, character watches make learning fun.
Fun Character Watches for Kids of All Ages
Almost every child has a favorite show or movie with a favorite character. There are many products that have licensed these characters, including watches and watch companies. Consider some following popular options.
Comic Character Watches
Comic book characters have experienced a resurgence in popularity recently, due in some part to the many comic-inspired movies that have hit the big screen. Elementary-aged kids and older love sporting watches that feature Spiderman, Iron Man, Captain America, and other famous superheroes. These watches come with a variety of features, and each watch features a different superhero, so kids can choose their favorite.
- If your 8 to 12-year-old is obsessed with their favorite web-slinger, they can get this Spiderman watch for about $25. In addition to a traditional watch face featuring Spiderman, it has a 3D plastic strap.
- For all those little green monsters out there, you can buy this Marvel Hulk watch for about $22. The watch features large minute and number dials on the traditional face and an easy to clean nylon strap and is great for 5 to 10-year-olds.
- Caped crusader fans look no further than this digital LCD Batman watch that retails for about $14. Designed for kids 3 to 10, this watch features an easy to clean plastic strap.
Disney Character Watches
The classic Mickey Mouse character watch is still a popular choice with kids, as are other beloved Disney characters like the famous princesses, the characters from Cars and The Incredibles, and Phineas and Ferb. No matter which character your child loves, Disney makes a watch that features that character. Check out a few popular ones.
- The adventures of Sophia and her furry friends have astounded elementary children all over the world. Surprise your 3 to 8-year-old child with a fun Sophia watch for $5. This digital watch offers a fun Sophia face that flips up to reveal the digital watch face. It also lights up to read in the dark.
- Who doesn't love Anna and Elsa? Let your child show their love for this Frozen duo through a light up character watch. It features a bezel design and a glitter band for $15. These watches can be great for 8 to 12-year-olds that love the story.
- Accessorize those mouse ears your child refuses to take off with a simple Mickey Mouse watch. This solid design features Mickey's arms as the watch hands and states the hour and minutes for $20. This classic design can work for kids as young as 3 and as old as 10.
Star Wars Watches
Disney channels Star Wars Clone Wars has brought a reassurance to these timeless characters and become a kid's must have. The new movies have also brought about a few new characters like Jar Jar Binks and BB8. Try popular these watches on for size.
- This fun time-teacher watch features the very loveable BB8. With a rubber band and secure fastening, this fun and easy-to-clean watch can be yours for only $18. This watch would look great on your 8 to 13-year-old.
- Maybe R2D2 is more your little's style. Try out this gray band with an R2D2 watch face. For about $10, your kid can take their next intergalactic journey in style. Designed for older kids, this watch would fit well on a 10 to 12-year-old.
- Little storm troopers will go out-of-this-world for this fun Storm Trooper timepiece. Not only does it have a white and black plastic strap for $19, but a bezel black metal display with a Storm Trooper graphic. This is a more sophisticated design that works well on kids 8 to 13.
Nickelodeon Character Watches
Kids love cartoons and if their parents will let them, they would spend hours with the favorite TV characters. With shows like Fairly Odd Parents and Rugrats, it is no wonder that Nickelodeon watches are a popular accessory for kids.
- Who doesn't love their favorite search and rescue pup? Marshall and Chase fans will love this Paw Patrol 3D character watch. This fun face digital watch is about $10 and works well for 3 to 6-year-olds.
- For those little Leonardos or Raphaels, you might try this Ninja Turtles digital watch. For around $10, featuring these favorite characters on the face and light up LED. This watch can work great on kids from 3 to 13.
- Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? Well, SpongeBob of course. Accessorize your littles with their favorite sponge for only $10. This fun, yellow watch has a square watch display decorated with SpongeBob's distinctive smile. Given the lack of a time-teacher on this watch, it will work best for 8 to 12-year-olds.
A Favorite Friend for Telling Time
No matter which character watch you choose for that special child, a favorite friend is a great way to encourage learning. Kids will enjoy looking at that beloved character on their cool watch as they become accustomed to the practical skills of telling digital and analog time.