Whether you look forward to the meal, gathering with loved ones, or learning about the first Thanksgiving, these fun and challenging word searches help you celebrate the annual holiday. Click on the word search you want to try then print it out using the helpful Adobe Guide for any technical difficulties.
Thanksgiving Dinner Word Search
Using a small ten by ten letter grid, this word search is ideal for kids, ages 4 to 7, or for those learning English as a second language. Each word kids need to find is paired with a picture making the word easier to read. Kids will need to search horizontally or vertically for all the traditional foods they love to eat for Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving Dinner Activities
- Thanksgiving lessons can teach kids about the first Thanksgiving dinner and how different that meal looked from what they eat today.
- Leave a copy of the word search on the table with a children's Thanksgiving placemat to keep them occupied throughout the meal.
- Ask kids to color a Thanksgiving coloring page for each guest at the table.
Giving Thanks Word Search
Thanksgiving is about more than a huge meal; it's about giving thanks to the people who make your life happier. Kids, ages 7 to 9, will feel gracious as they find words of gratitude in a 14 by 14 letter grid.
- Complete the word search then use the words from the word bank to write a Thanksgiving poem.
- Create fun holiday memories when you combine worksheets with Thanksgiving activities that get everyone moving and working together.
- Have kids write or practice giving a toast at your family or classroom Thanksgiving feast.
Thanksgiving History Unscramble Word Search
While most kids only hear one version of the Thanksgiving story, there are many different versions. Test your 9 to 12-year old's knowledge with this difficult Thanksgiving facts word search. Before they can find the words in the 14 by 14 grid, kids need to unscramble each word in the word bank.
Educational Holiday Activities
- Use printable word searches for kids at home or in the classroom to reinforce topics.
- Word and spelling games for kids can be used as quizzes, independent work time activities, or competitively in a larger group.
- Thanksgiving games like a word scramble or pin the feathers on the turkey make learning about this historical topic more fun.
Search For Thanksgiving Fun
Add meaning and excitement to your Thanksgiving with themed word searches, games, and group activities. Use each printable as a starting point then extend the fun as long as you can to get the full feeling of what Thanskgiving means.