The Internet can be an incredible resource for parents; a free parenting magazine online can offer articles and advice for today's toughest parenting questions.
Parenting Magazine Websites
You don't have to have a subscription to enjoy the vast resources of many of the nations' top parenting magazines. While you may not be able to read all of the articles that appear in the print magazine, many parenting magazine sites offer hundreds of Web articles, recipe collections, Q and A and advice sections, expert interviews, and much more. Recommended free parenting magazine online sites include:
- Family Fun: This great magazine site is packed with articles and information on parties and travel, interactive games and family game ideas, recipes and arts and crafts, how-to videos, printables, and more. You can browse the print magazine and read sample pages online for free.
- Parenting Magazine: Parenting.com is the site for Parenting Magazine, and has articles and information for parents from pre-conception through the childhood years. Although it has an extensive section for pregnancy, baby-related information, children's health and various other childhood issues, the site is not just limited to dealing with your children. There are also sections focusing on parental relationships, health, and buying guides for knowing the hottest must-haves for your kids each season. You can sign up to receive a free trial issue of the magazine on the site as well.
- Child Magazine: Child.com, like the print CHILD Magazine, reflects their motto that raising children doesn't have to mean sacrificing smarts or style. Advice categorized by age, articles on everything from discipline, nutrition and education to family issues and relationships, CHILD also includes the latest news links with relevance to children and important recalls. Sign up for a discounted print subscription and manage your count online.
- Parents Magazine: In an easy-to-to -navigate site, Parents offers great articles, in timely features on the site, and fosters interaction with their community sections where you can voice your opinion and read what other parents have to say. Order a subscription via the site at discounted rates.
Free Baby Magazines
While many parenting magazines, such as the preceding, offer discounts when your order your subscription online, you can also use the Web to sign up for subscriptions for totally free baby and parenting magazines. Two legitimate free baby subscriptions are:
Local Free Mags
Many communities offer free magazines that have great resources for parents. You can often find these magazine sites by visiting your local library Website or a Website for your city or community. These are usually sponsored by local businesses and may have advertisements for local companies. An added feature of these magazines is that they often contain community calendars, so you know about family and child-related events happening locally.
Free Online Magazines and Newsletters
In addition to the above resources you can find online, hundreds of sites now offer free parenting magazines, or e-zines, and newsletters. When looking for a free online magazine, however, keep the following considerations in mind:
- Can you read the magazine online, or do they require you to put in your e-mail address first? Some sites promise they won't spam you, but others are seeking e-mail addresses to sell or to promote advertising. Check out the e-mail policy of the online magazine before you sign up.
- Can you find out information about the people who wrote the articles? A good online parenting magazine will have articles written by qualified journalists or parenting experts.
- Are the articles factual or just opinion? While opinions and advice are fine, you may not want to subscribe to an online parenting magazine that is entirely based on opinion. Look for creditable facts and sources.
- Is there a name and contact information for the e-zine? Be wary of e-zines that don't have information about the magazine itself. Companies who are proud of their magazine and have integrity in what they are providing won't be afraid for you to contact them if you have feedback.
Free Parenting Magazine Online from USA.gov
USA.gov is a national Website that offers a variety of free resources, magazines, and parenting resources you can read, download, or request online. You can also visit Ed.gov for more free educational and parenting publications.