Easter jokes for kids will help your children get into the spirit of Easter. Need some new jokes to add to your collection? We've got some funny ones that your kids will love!
Benefits of Telling Jokes
Jokes are just silly tidbits of nothing really important, right? After all, why should kids, or adults, even bother with jokes and riddles? The short answer? They're funny, and people love to laugh! There is more to it than that, however.
- Mood boosters-If you and your kids are having a rather dreary or depressing day, gather together some jokes and take turns reading them out loud. Jokes can brighten your day, and a lot of the humor comes from watching your little ones try to tell the jokes correctly!
- Holiday celebrations-Your kids love participating in activities that celebrate special holidays and events. Create a collection of jokes that ring in the special day with laughter. Telling or creating Christmas, Valentine's, or Easter jokes for kids is a wonderful way to commemorate a fun holiday!
- Language development-As your children tell jokes to you, other family members, and friends, they won't even realize that they're improving their language and speech skills. Simply reciting something aloud is wonderful speech practice, as kids work on their tone, confidence, and pronunciation. Riddles and tongue twisters are particularly good for this sort of practice!
- Creativity-Have you ever watched a child attempt to make up her own joke? While the joke she tells may be corny and even confusing, the joy that is registered on her face will certainly make up for any mistakes she made.
Selection of Easter Jokes for Kids
The following Easter jokes for kids may be very silly and even corny, but they're sure to bring a smile to everyone's face!
- What did the eggs do when the light turned green?
- What kind of plants do eggs keep?
- What do you call an egg from outer space?
An Egg-stra terrestial
- What day does an egg hate the most?
- Why do we paint Easter eggs?
Because it's easier than trying to wallpaper them!
- Who is the Easter Bunny's favorite movie actor?
Rabbit De Niro!
- What would you get if you crossed the Easter Bunny with a stressed person?
An Easter basket case!
- Why did the Easter Bunny have to fire the duck?
Because he kept quacking all the eggs!
- Why does Peter Cottontail hop down the bunny trail?
Because his parents wouldn't let him borrow the car!
- What do you call ten rabbits marching backwards?
A receding hareline
- What do you call rabbits that marched in a long sweltering Easter parade?
Hot, cross bunnies
- What did the rabbit say to the carrot?
It's been nice gnawing you.
- What do you call a dumb bunny?
A hare brain
- How can you tell which rabbits are the oldest in a group?
Just look for the grey hares
- Why couldn't the rabbit fly home for Easter?
He didn't have the hare fare.
- What do you call a rabbit who tells jokes?
A funny bunny
- What happened to the egg when he was tickled too much?
He cracked up.
- Where do Easter Bunnies go for new tails?
To the re-tail store
- What do you call a sleeping egg?
- What do you call a rabbit with fleas?
- How do you know when you're eating rabbit stew?
When it has hares in it
- What does a rooster say to a hen he likes?
Your one hot chick!
- How does an Easter chicken bake a cake?
- Why are people always tired in April?
Because they've just finished a March
- What kind of book does a rabbit like at bedtime?
One with a hoppy ending
Using Jokes in Crafts and Activities
What can you do with the jokes you collect?
- Separate the questions from the answers, and have kids try to match them correctly.
- Place them inside plastic eggs, and let children read them to each other after an Easter egg hunt.
- Make a collage of jokes on poster board. Kids can use markers and crayons to draw Easter symbols around the edges of the collage.
- Decorate and then frame a piece of construction paper filled with jokes.
Easter jokes will keep your whole family laughing during this holiday and throughout the year!