Thanks to Disney kids' games, you can bring the Disney characters right into your home for interactive fun. All of your chidren's favorites, including the Disney Princesses, Kim Possible, Nemo, Mickey Mouse, and Winnie the Pooh, are available for your family's gaming pleasure.
Disney offers a whole host of video games featuring your child's favorite characters and movies. Video games are available in different formats depending on title. Some popular titles are:
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (available on PSP, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS)
- Tigger Activity Center (available on PC)
- Finding Nemo: Escape to the Big Blue (available on Nintendo DS)
- Chicken Little (available on PlayStation 2, Xbox, PC, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo GameCube)
- That's So Raven (available on Game Boy Advance)
Many of the Disney video games are available in stores; others can be bought online only.
Disney offers several free online games. Some favorites are Peter Pan Pinball, The Emperor's Mad Dash, Tarzan Jungle Adventure, and Tennis the Menace. Be forewarned, though, that the site is heavily decorated with clickable ads for paid games and downloads.
Playhouse Disney Kids' Games
If you have toddlers or preschoolers, then you are probably familiar with Playhouse Disney. Playhouse Disney offers television shows that appear early on weekday mornings and appeal largely to the under-five set. A portion of the web site is devoted entirely to these preschool programs and offers corresponding games. Games, storybooks, coloring pages and other activities are available for the following:
- JoJo's Circus
- Little Einsteins
- Higglytown Heroes
- Breakfast with Bear
- Rolie Polie Olie
- Winnie the Pooh
- Mickey Mouse
- Charlie and Lola
While some activities are free, others require a paid membership. The site offers a free trial.
Judging by the amount of ads devoted to them, the downloadable Disney kids' games are the main purpose of the site. These games must be downloaded for a fee, but free trials are available. Downloadable games include:
- Disney Princess Castle Party
- Aladdin Magic Carpet Racing
- Lion King: Grubalicious
- The Little Mermaid Pinball
- Disney's Trivia Time
- Pirates of the Caribbean Pinball
If you or your children prefer your games off-line, Disney kids' games can help with that, as well. Disney offers several board games for kids of all ages. Some board game offerings are:
- Yahtzee Jr. Disney Edition (ages 4 and up)
- Scrabble Jr. Disney Edition (ages 5 and up)
- Monopoly Jr. Disness Princess Edition (ages 5-8)
- Disney Trivial Pursuit (ages 6 and up)
- Sorry! Disney Edition (ages 6-14)
- Disney Pixar Monopoly (ages 8 and up)
In addition to these board games, Disney also offers several versions of card games and dominoes.
Buying Disney Kids' Games
Pay careful attention to the recommended ages of all games, but especially board games. Games intended for older children may feature small parts that could harm toddlers or preschoolers. Children should always be supervised when playing online.